Briton Ferry


I joined a new group (yes, another one!) for an evening stroll around Briton Ferry in Neath. A bit more industrial than my usual outings, but interesting nonetheless. 

Our first stop was a view over the River Neath, looking down on parts of the abandoned dock and the A48 and M4 bridges. I drive across the M4 bridge everyday, and usually gaze longingly up the river, before gazing longingly towards Mumbles after the bend. 
From there we walked across to the canal, now overgrown and covered in lily pads. 
No beasties spotted, I was hoping for a frog but no such luck. 

Following the path along the canal took us to the spot we were overlooking in the first pic, a post-industrial landscape of derelict warehouses and looming bridges. 

Just a short little jaunt, but enough to whet my appetite for more walking - as much as I loved the Gower Walking Festival it did leave me a little bit walked out! 

Comments

  1. A very different kind of scenery for this walk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gower Walking Festival - Edgar Evans Rhossili

Gower Walking Festival - Castles of Gower