Langland to Caswell


The Gower Peninsula is renowned for it's beauty, everywhere you turn there is something new and amazing to see. Today I joined another group for a fairly short social walk along the coastal path from Langland Bay to Caswell. The weather was perfect, and the views, as expected, were stunning. 


This stretch of the coastal walk is a pretty easy trek, well paved with plenty of benches along the way for anyone in need of a breather. There are quite a few steps, but nothing that caused me any issues. Some of the people I was walking with struggled a bit, though as this is a social group rather than a walking one that is perhaps to be expected. 

I found the walk a little short, I would have been happy to carry on and make a day of it. I think if this walk is on again I may continue on at the mid-way point rather than turning back. I am normally a little wary of walking alone, but this stretch of the coastal path is well travelled and I would have felt perfectly safe. 

In Caswell Bay there is a small cafe which is good for a coffee (and perhaps a cheeky slice of cake). There are also public toilets, though on this occasion the ladies were blocked and we had to storm the mens en masse. Lots of people out in the sea surfing and paddle boarding, along with a curious seal. 

We dropped back into Mumbles for the afternoon and had a very tasty meal in one of the restaurants that line the main road. I would warn anyone looking to do this walk that the price of the car parks are a bit steep, especially paying for one in Langland and one in Mumbles. Next time I'll pick one between the two to walk from, or alternatively, if I'm with a group again, a car share would certainly be the wiser option.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gower Walking Festival - Edgar Evans Rhossili

Briton Ferry

Gower Walking Festival - Castles of Gower