Sunset on Kilvey Hill


I've always wanted to go up Kilvey Hill, I drive past it regularly but going through the trees on my own seemed a bit iffy. Happily, I was mooching about on one of the websites for local walking groups and discovered one of them was doing an evening walk to the top so I went along. 


A fairly easy walk, there are a number of paths to choose from depending on ability, including a paved road that is used for maintenance of the tower perched at the summit. We took a meandering route through the woods, a bit muddy but I never feel I've had a proper outing without unless I get some mud on my boots! 

As you can see, the view from the peak is absolutely gorgeous. You can see all of Swansea Bay, and it's great fun trying to spot the landmarks. For a short and easy walk this view is a fantastic pay off.  

We headed back as the sun was setting, complete with more great views - this time over Swansea East, the River Tawe and the Lougher Estuary in the distance. Definitely a walk I'd like to do again, it would be a perfect place for a picnic in the summer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gower Walking Festival - Edgar Evans Rhossili

Briton Ferry

Gower Walking Festival - Castles of Gower