A Springtime Stroll Through Dare Valley Country Park


I went to visit my parents for the weekend, and as my mother enjoys walking as much as I do we decided to go for a walk from Aberdare town to Dare Valley Country Park. An easy walk, but pleasant, lots to see and a lovely sunny day for it.


After a bit of a mooch around Aberdare, eyeing up the walking shoes in the market and hunting for a sports shop that's apparently closed we left the town and took the footpath up a hill and through the woods eventually emerging into the park.


An old reclaimed coal pit, one of the original wheels still stands as a lasting testament for the park's industrial history (pictured top). It's pretty impressive, and really does make you think of the miners who used to work this site, and what might still lie beneath. 

We did a circuit of the lake and then headed to the bustling cafe for a spot of lunch. I often get a bit edgy in crowds, but we managed to get a seat that wasn't too cramped, and my chicken baguette was super tasty. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gower Walking Festival - Edgar Evans Rhossili

Gower Walking Festival - Castles of Gower

Briton Ferry